More Portal News
3,886 Views | 38 Replies
SFCALBear72
12:35p, 5/7/24
Thanks, MB.

Tameiya Sadler is from Vallejo.

"A 5-foot-8 guard from Vallejo, Calif., Sadler played in 94 games, with 26 starts, during her three seasons with the Buffs. She averaged 5.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists for CU.

This past season, Sadler started the first 10 games and then came off the bench the rest of the year. She posted CU career highs of 5.5 points and 2.0 assists per game, while posting her best field goal percentage (.420) as a Buff." - Denver Post.
Schroeder71
2:54p, 5/7/24
I'll never forgot this game. Washington blew out Cal, 80-53, in Berkeley in 2020-21. Tameiya Sadler was the high scorer for the Huskies with 21 points as a freshman. She was the fastest athlete on the floor and nobody on the Bears could stay with her on fast-break layups and drives to the basket. Ornela Muca played 35 minutes for Cal. This was the year when Cal landed the #3 recruit class in the nation with the four post players, remember?
https://gohuskies.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2020-21/california/boxscore/19368
SFCALBear72
3:01p, 5/7/24
In reply to Schroeder71
Schroeder71 said:

I'll never forgot this game. Washington blew out Cal, 80-53, in Berkeley in 2020-21. Tameiya Sadler was the high scorer for the Huskies with 21 points as a freshman. She was the fastest athlete on the floor and nobody on the Bears could stay with her on fast-break layups and drives to the basket. Ornela Muca played 35 minutes for Cal. This was the year when Cal landed the #3 recruit class in the nation with the four post players, remember?
https://gohuskies.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2020-21/california/boxscore/19368
That was the Covid year with only 8 available players.
Schroeder71
4:47p, 5/7/24
Yes-the Bears were missing four guards for that game and three for the season. For the season, Cal had lost Alma Elsnitz (FR), Cailyn Crocker (SO) & Jazlen Green (SO). Freshman Mia Mastrov was also out.

I checked out the 5-11 Texas soph PG, Gisella Maul. She participated in 27 games so she burnt her freshman year of eligibility but only played an average 9.4 minutes per game. She was highly rated nationally (#38 Hoopgurlz) so I doubt that she'll seriously consider Cal. She can choose virtually any college including all of the ones that recruited her out of high school. Bears also have a frosh PG Zahra King coming in the fall.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings