Caitlin Clark
4,701 Views | 47 Replies
bear2034
11:38p, 4/6/24
In reply to CalWSportsFan
CalWSportsFan said:

Ironic that in many of these states where these young women are being celebrated for their basketball prowess, "leaders" are busy taking away their right to bodily autonomy. 50 years of Title IX have led to much progress for girls and women sports yet…in other areas we're going backwards. I'm so thankful to be in California.

If you really want to discuss abortion, Title IX, men playing in women sports, and the state of California, you're welcome to join us in Off Topic.
wifeisafurd
5:00p, 4/7/24
In reply to SFCALBear72
SFCALBear72 said:

Well, Geno got some good news this morning. Sarah Strong, a 6'2 F/W out of North Carolina and the #1 recruit in the Class of 2024 (and lone remaining uncommitted recruit) announced her commitment to UConn this morning over Duke and UNC.
Geno has a very good recruiting class, with Strong, the number 4 player in guard Allie Ziebel (have to wonder If she had waited longer if she would be going to nearby Iowa) and the top rated player in Nor-CA five star guard Megan Chelie from Archbishop Mitty.

Iowa will have to wait to 2025 for top rated CA player and guard Addi Deal, who committed after the Uconn game. Don't feel that sorry for Iowa, they have a top 40 big and some high 4 star players coming in 2024.

Strange that Sabrina really didn't provide staying power for Oregon, which has recruited poorly and fallen on harsh times since she brought the Ducks to a final 4 appearance in 2019 and what would have been a likely first seed in the NCAA canceled 2020 season.

Not of any particular relevance to ACC bound Cal, but Lindsey Gottlieb may have the best recuriting class in 2024.
HoopDreams
10:35p, 4/7/24
Rebound margin and blocks are the stats that stand out, and watching the game it looked worse

This was my concern going into game, but thought there was hope when Caitlin went crazy is first quarter

bear2034
11:38a, 4/8/24
oski003
1:48p, 4/8/24
In reply to bear2034
bear2034 said:

Clark is the green dot?
bear2034
2:44p, 4/8/24
In reply to oski003
yup, quite amazing.
bear2034
3:57p, 4/9/24
bear2034
7:06p, 4/9/24
bear2034
6:43p, 4/15/24

The GOAT.
ClayK
7:50a, 4/16/24
Might be a little early on that one ...

Even if she replicates her offensive numbers in the WNBA -- which is certainly unlikely this year but possible down the road -- she's a dismal defender. I fully expect her to be very good, an all-star and an Olympian.

But better than Diana Taurasi, say? Asking a lot.
Ashfield63
11:47a, 4/16/24
In reply to ClayK
ClayK said:

Might be a little early on that one ...

Even if she replicates her offensive numbers in the WNBA -- which is certainly unlikely this year but possible down the road -- she's a dismal defender. I fully expect her to be very good, an all-star and an Olympian.

But better than Diana Taurasi, say? Asking a lot.

I watched some Phoenix games last season. Taurasi has become a menace and liability during the game. She yells and swears re:fouls, gets technicals, makes some three pointers, is inconsistent, so maybe at this point she is a better defender. I am sure she had few high scoring games, but all in all, she wasn't fun to watch anymore. I am hoping Phoenix is a better team this season with a new coach. Hopefully, Taurasi will be more of a plus then a liability.

She just isn't positive about women in sports, and keeps looking at the struggles and negatives. The old UCONN players were made millionaires, as they have said, playing for a billionaire from eastern Europe. They kind of brush off the fact that he was "into something", and murdered.....He provided them a lavish lifestyle while playing for the top team in Russia.

So, I feel, some of the older players need to get on the bandwagon of helping these new stars of the WNBA forge ahead with more opportunities to increase the interest in WNBA games, and women's basketball. It's my personal opinion, Diana should retire, while she still can, with a sense of grace and dignity, If is possible for her.

I got a call from my nephew's wife at the beginning of the National Champioship game which she wasn't enjoying because of the Taurasi/Bird dialogue on ESPN. She grew up in Conn, and has been a fan forever. They live north of Burlington, Vermont, so I told her to find the local ABC chanel.

Loved the WNBA draft last night!!!!!
GGV
ClayK
6:56a, 4/17/24
Taurasi is obviously not what she once was, and her personality is not the most attractive.

But like Cynthia Cooper and Sheryl Swoopes, two other great, great players who have not shown well after their playing careers, that can't detract from her ability in her prime. From high school to college to her prime in the WNBA, Taurasi was simply a fabulous basketball player. And she should probably should retire, but she loves to play, and loves the game.

Not my favorite person, but ultimate respect ...
bearister
9:19a, 4/22/24
Caitlin Clark second in poll of NBA players' favorite athletes

https://mol.im/a/13336895

*Jealous WNBA players 'taint gonna like this one bit (the ones predicting her tough adjustment to the pros….they are the ones that will have to adjust to having their breakfast, lunch and dinner eaten by her on the court)
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE