Caitlin Clark
4,699 Views | 47 Replies
bear2034
9:01p, 4/1/24

Iowa defeated LSU in a rematch of last year's championship. I really hope Caitlin and Iowa can win it all this year.
CalFanatic
9:17p, 4/1/24
It is truly a joy to watch her play basketball. Getting to watch this performance AND USC losing?! I sure was happy this evening!
SFCALBear72
9:36p, 4/1/24
Caitlin vs UConn's Paige Bueckers on Friday. Should be epic.
CalWSportsFan
10:06p, 4/1/24
In reply to SFCALBear72
Indeed!
wvitbear
6:59a, 4/2/24
Caitlin reminds me of Steph Curry. Not the most athletic but the most skilled. Plus unlimited range.
bear2034
1:52p, 4/2/24
In reply to wvitbear
wvitbear said:

Caitlin reminds me of Steph Curry. Not the most athletic but the most skilled. Plus unlimited range.

I'd say Curry is athletic but definitely not the most physical. And Caitlin is further ahead in her game compared to Curry at this age.
CalWSportsFan
4:23p, 4/2/24
More than 12 million tuned in to watch Iowa v lSU! Shatters record: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp-video/mmvo208179269979
Oakbear
5:32p, 4/2/24
In reply to CalWSportsFan
CalWSportsFan said:

More than 12 million tuned in to watch Iowa v lSU! Shatters record: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp-video/mmvo208179269979
I think many wanted to see the LSU coach lose?
bear2034
7:41p, 4/2/24
In reply to Oakbear
Oakbear said:

CalWSportsFan said:

LSU coach, Mulkey, found a way to criticize Caitlin and Iowa after they lost to them. What an easy team to root against.
HoopDreams
9:03p, 4/2/24
In reply to bear2034
bear2034 said:

Oakbear said:

CalWSportsFan said:

LSU coach, Mulkey, found a way to criticize Caitlin and Iowa after they lost to them. What an easy team to root against.
she did?

I am certainly not a Kim Mulkey fan. In fact, I hate coaches like her.

But I thought she gave a thoughtful post-game, and was extremely complimentary of Caitlin
CalWSportsFan
9:04p, 4/2/24
In reply to bear2034
You'll appreciate this. Truly funny analysis of Mulkey's fail:
HoopDreams
9:15p, 4/2/24
CalWSportsFan said:

I've watched this guys videos this season and he knows his stuff.

don't love his whinny monologue as it gets old, but he's got a brand
CalWSportsFan
10:36p, 4/2/24
In reply to HoopDreams
Yeah, listening to him once is enough but I must admit to chuckling a bit.
bear2034
12:59a, 4/3/24
In reply to HoopDreams
HoopDreams said:

bear2034 said:

Oakbear said:

CalWSportsFan said:

she did?

I am certainly not a Kim Mulkey fan. In fact, I hate coaches like her.

But I thought she gave a thoughtful post-game, and was extremely complimentary of Caitlin

I don't remember what clip I watched, I'll have to go back and check.
bear2034
1:03a, 4/3/24
CalWSportsFan said:

He seems upset that LSU lost.
CalWSportsFan
7:41p, 4/3/24
In reply to bear2034
Mulkey was very complimentary of Clark. Called her a generational player. She makes everyone better;
bearister
8:40a, 4/4/24
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
wvitbear
8:59a, 4/4/24
We discuss Steph Curry here. Is that a mistake?
bear2034
12:44p, 4/4/24
In reply to wvitbear
wvitbear said:

We discuss Steph Curry here. Is that a mistake?
No holds barred on the women's basketball board.
DiabloWags
7:19p, 4/5/24
Clark 0 for 6 in the first half.
Iowa has 12 turnovers.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
stu
7:24p, 4/5/24
In reply to DiabloWags
DiabloWags said:

Clark 0 for 6 in the first half.
Iowa has 12 turnovers.

Clark is 0 for 6 on threes, 3 for 11 overall. Also leads both teams with 6 rebounds and 4 assists.
stu
8:35p, 4/5/24
Play of the game with 4 seconds left, Iowa up by 2: Clark misses a free throw and Iowa gets the rebound. Held ball, inbounded by Iowa, clock runs out.
Strykur
9:42p, 4/5/24
UCONN ROBBED
HoopDreams
9:59p, 4/5/24
In reply to stu
stu said:

Play of the game with 4 seconds left, Iowa up by 2: Clark misses a free throw and Iowa gets the rebound. Held ball, inbounded by Iowa, clock runs out.
and Clark inbounds the ball on UConn player's butt to burn a half second

Clark has a super high hoops IQ

but I didn't like the foul call on UConn with 9 seconds left (maybe less)

yes, it was a foul because UConn's center did a football block with her arms on an Iowa defender, but it wasn't blatant and was a ticky tak call considering the magnitude of the play (and game)
HoopDreams
10:47p, 4/5/24
Actually I change my opinion after seeing this

That is a blatant foul. Clear as day

bear2034
3:47a, 4/6/24
In reply to Strykur
Strykur said:

UCONN ROBBED

Really?
mbBear
8:04a, 4/6/24
In reply to HoopDreams
HoopDreams said:

It was a sloppy screen. I don't know how I feel about the "shouldn't be called in that situation:" Similar to what the Eagles had in their Super Bowl against KC, with a ticky tack PI in the key moments, but yeah, it happened...
Maybe they should also box out on getting a rebound on a foul shot, and like the Bueckers said, it doesn't come down to one play anyway....
Years ago, Cal played UConn in Men's hoop...early round NCAA or NIT...was in Hartford. UConn fans were *******s, and more than one. Always root against them now ha....
ClayK
8:25a, 4/6/24
Note that Geno, who was right there, didn't say a thing to the ref. He turned to the bench, bent over and yelled at the floor.

That's just a stupid, stupid play by Edwards.
GATC
9:53a, 4/6/24
In reply to ClayK
ClayK said:

Note that Geno, who was right there, didn't say a thing to the ref. He turned to the bench, bent over and yelled at the floor.

I noticed that too. He said during the post game interview that it was called on them 3-4 times and none on Iowa. He also said that there could be a foul called on every screen, but he just couldn't blame it on the refs and ended saying that they have to do better. It was obvious that he was totally frustrated that he couldn't get his post to stop making this mistake. Sounds familiar.
SFCALBear72
10:16a, 4/6/24
Well, Geno got some good news this morning. Sarah Strong, a 6'2 F/W out of North Carolina and the #1 recruit in the Class of 2024 (and lone remaining uncommitted recruit) announced her commitment to UConn this morning over Duke and UNC.
wvitbear
10:37a, 4/6/24
If Geno gets this corrected, then charmin should contact him about Michele.
mbBear
11:59a, 4/6/24
In reply to ClayK
ClayK said:

I thought he yelled "how do you call that there" but that's just my very amateur lip reading...
Ashfield63
12:19p, 4/6/24
In reply to HoopDreams
HoopDreams said:

Got her with the elbow!!! That will seal the deal with A Moving Screen Foul.....

If the Foul wasn't called, who is to say UCONN would have made a shot..

Did UCONN really get robbed????

GGV
bear2034
5:01p, 4/6/24

Quote:

Even crazier, there is a legitimate chance that this year's women's national championship game draws more viewers than the men's.

Someone posted this amazing tweet on the men's basketball board that deserves to be posted here. The most watched college women's basketball game ever prior to Iowa's game against UConn was Iowa's elite 8 matchup against LSU.
CalWSportsFan
7:29p, 4/6/24
In reply to bear2034
Ironic that in many of these states where these young women are being celebrated for their basketball prowess, "leaders" are busy taking away their right to bodily autonomy. 50 years of Title IX have led to much progress for girls and women sports yet…in other areas we're going backwards. I'm so thankful to be in California.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings