Calimony is here!
3,915 Views | 38 Replies
TheDuke!!!
5:04p, 5/12/24
In reply to TheDuke!!!
TheDuke!!! said:

MinotStateBeav said:

You gotta think Cal will have a semi-permanent storage facility and truck located out there that can easily travel to all the eastern locations yeah? Probably in North Carolina I gotta think.
That is far too common sense of an idea for our Athletic Department to pull off.
Typically we would bring all of our stuff back for repairs, laundry, cleaning, etc..

But none of that stuff is rocket science. Any Cal alum in the area with a bit of extra space and a washing machine could pick up some extra coin and have a super cool Cal truck outside his house all year long. The laundry bit is the sort of job you could give to teenager under your roof.

Wish I was in a position to do that.

I don't have the AD's email. My cousin did some advisory work at Cal that was adjacent to the athletic department. But I am sure there are others on the board who could provide it.

Man, how cool would that be to have the Cal helmets, pads, balls, water tanks, cleats, and uniforms in your backyard all year?

philly1121
8:58p, 5/12/24
In reply to sycasey
Then you've seriously lost the plot.
ducktilldeath
11:30p, 5/12/24
In reply to SBGold
SBGold said:

Haloski said:

ducktilldeath said:

WalterSobchak said:

ducktilldeath said:

Pathetic.
As opposed to taking 100s of millions from Third World children?
Another smarmy, ignorant, fake intellectual CAL fan. Poverty, death, infant mortality, prostiution rates, all many times lower than national average when people who needs jobs have jobs, including 12 year olds on sewing machines. Do better. You buy **** from slave labor every single day. Your argument is one of an ignorant coward.

We can title this work of art "Rationalization of the Ratioed."
Yes, abuse the children for wealth because it will save them from death and being prostitutes.

I learned this in my MBA Ethics class as well
Like I said, ignorant cowards.
StillNoStanfurdium
2:17a, 5/13/24
In reply to philly1121
philly1121 said:

Then you've seriously lost the plot.

You really think that (all else equal, e.g. that the addition of schools doesn't lower a per school payout) if it came down to a vote to let Cal into the B1G that UCLA would rather vote no and possibly pay a subsidy in perpetuity (potentially an even larger one if the UC Regents see that UCLA votes against adding Cal) vs voting Cal in, adding a local travel partner, restoring a historic rivalry, and getting to keep a full B1G share?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings