Pac 12 Softball Tournament
1,142 Views | 21 Replies
CalFanatic
1:25p, 5/9/24
Starting lineup today against the best player in the country. Go Bears!

WhatABonanza
1:30p, 5/9/24
Stolen base was worth the effort -- Canady has only given up 4 homers this season.

Trying to get that extra base wasn't.

Base running. Dang.
CalFanatic
1:33p, 5/9/24
There really isn't much you can do about this pitch. Reminds me of Jolene and her changeup.

WhatABonanza
1:35p, 5/9/24
In reply to CalFanatic
CalFanatic said:

There really isn't much you can do about this pitch. Reminds me of Jolene and her changeup.

Yup.
Schroeder71
1:36p, 5/9/24
Cal kicks-off the 1st inning with a walk to Quiroga. Anzaldo strikes out looking on a change-up. Bell strikes out swinging on three consecutive rise balls up and in. If there's one pitch that Cal should lay off of and not swing at it's the high rise ball. Quiroga steals second base but gets thrown out by a mile at third. The ball bounced a few feet away at second but the freshman never looked back to see the ball.
CalFanatic
2:00p, 5/9/24
Orange with an efficient 3 up 3 down 2nd inning. This will be one of the keys against Stanford. Do not give up anything through that 6-9 in the order. Make 1-5 try and beat you.
Schroeder71
2:16p, 5/9/24
Double no-hitter going on in Palo Alto after three innings. Yawn. GO BEARS!
CalFanatic
2:23p, 5/9/24
Cal takes the 1-0 lead in the 4th!!!

CalFanatic
2:25p, 5/9/24
In reply to CalFanatic
CalFanatic said:

Cal takes the 1-0 lead in the 4th!!!
Bears still threatening. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Amazing patience at the plate this second time around. Let Canady walk you with that riseball.
Schroeder71
2:32p, 5/9/24
Great effort to push across a run on a hit mixed with some walks. Did anyone else see the initial two strike calls on Mika Lee with two runners in scoring position? Those pitches were nowhere near the strike zone.
CalFanatic
2:38p, 5/9/24
Horrible calls against Lee, S71. Those weren't even questionable.

Archer in to relief Orange in the 4th. First batter is a K. Let's go, Bears!
CalFanatic
2:46p, 5/9/24
Two Cal errors gives Stanford the 2-1 lead... sighs
CalFanatic
2:49p, 5/9/24
4 unearned runs. Welp. That's definitely the ball game against Canady. Looking forward to another postseason run!
Schroeder71
2:52p, 5/9/24
Infield errors committed by Acacia Anders and Elon Butler give Stanford four unearned runs. The only hit in the game by the Cardinal was a bunt single back to the pitcher. I did not actually see that play so I'm guessing that's what happened. Haylei Archer has difficulty throwing the ball overhand to first base. She throws it slowly and deliberately. Their lead-off hitter, Kern, singled to CF to plate the last two runs. The game is over with four runs of support for Nijaree Canady.
CalFanatic
3:03p, 5/9/24
I do love the fight in this team. We get one run back in the 5th. Scoring 2 against Canady is no small feat.
CalFanatic
3:37p, 5/9/24
Cal falls to Stanford 4-2.

Honestly? We looked great besides that defensive collapse in the 4th. You have to play nearly perfect ball to beat Canady.
SFCALBear72
3:40p, 5/9/24
NCAA Tournament Selection Show
Sunday May 12th
4 PM PT
ESPN2 and stream on ESPN+
CalFanatic
8:37p, 5/9/24
Hoping we can get sent to a a lower 11-16 seed like a Missouri or Arkansas. If the matchup is right we can absolutely make it to a Super Regional.

Cal putting 9 on base today against Canady bodes well…if our defense doesn't let us down, we will absolutely put up runs against any pitching we face and have a chance to win.
SFCALBear72
6:37a, 5/10/24
I liked the idea of having Ryann Orange as the starting pitcher in a tough matchup. She held her own for 3+ innings. She'll learn from this outing going forward.

The freshmen also got a taste of NCAA tournament softball.
Ccajon2
8:19a, 5/10/24
In reply to CalFanatic
CalFanatic said:

Hoping we can get sent to a a lower 11-16 seed like a Missouri or Arkansas. If the matchup is right we can absolutely make it to a Super Regional.

Cal putting 9 on base today against Canady bodes well…if our defense doesn't let us down, we will absolutely put up runs against any pitching we face and have a chance to win.

I say Duke, FSU or maybe VT. If the selection committee has a sense of humor.
CyBear77
1:24p, 5/10/24
yes...disappointing game...we played well overall but the two errors with two outs were just killers...

looking forward to the semi's - AZ/UCLA should be good the way AZ just keeps getting contact and putting the ball in play...able to play small ball very well. Stan/Utah should also be a good one...you can never count Utah out...
SFCALBear72
2:06p, 5/10/24
Of the four games played yesterday, ours was the closest game. 2 run difference. Still disappointing.

But UW run-ruled by Arizona (11-3; 6 innings)?? Now, that's embarrassing.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings