2025 Swim Recruits
10,798 Views | 54 Replies
LegoBear
7:29p, 11/6/23
In reply to tedbear
Noticed she was visiting at one of the football games. Amazing class and hopefully Durden has led us past the McKeever ugliness.

tedbear said:

https://swimswam.com/2-recruit-in-class-of-2025-teagan-odell-chooses-cal-golden-bears-grab-1-2-3-in-the-class/
Dream Team 2
HBear
7:42p, 11/6/23
https://swimswam.com/cals-womens-class-of-2025-is-shaping-up-as-one-of-the-best-in-history/

Title says it all. Exciting times ahead!
OBear073akaSMFan
8:48a, 11/7/23
In reply to HBear
..and the comment section the writer thinks Cal has another top-20 lined up. ..And the beat goes on..
OBear073akaSMFan
9:02a, 11/7/23
In reply to HBear
Schroeder71
1:53p, 11/7/23
Fantastic news! The class of 2025 brings back memories when Cal & Stanford landed the top five swimmers in the nation. GO BEARS!
LegoBear
2:06p, 11/7/23
In reply to OBear073akaSMFan
The assistant coach Joshua Huger posted that they were not done either so hopefully.

OBear073akaSMFan said:

..and the comment section the writer thinks Cal has another top-20 lined up. ..And the beat goes on..
philbert
2:21p, 11/7/23
so glad that McKeever is gone
OBear073akaSMFan
3:00p, 11/7/23
In reply to philbert
philbert said:

Her departure should had happened long ago! 10 years ago when we recruited the fab four & won the ncaa their freshmen year & I believe coach Teri was soon the Olympic coach, with all these accolades we should had been signing recruits like mad. Nada. We did get some single outstanding recruits here & there but nothing like 10 yrs ago. Think there were lots of negative recruiting going on with coach Teri. It's great to see us return to glory!
coachdeke
4:52p, 11/7/23
In reply to OBear073akaSMFan
OBear073akaSMFan said:

philbert said:

Her departure should had happened long ago! 10 years ago when we recruited the fab four & won the ncaa their freshmen year & I believe coach Teri was soon the Olympic coach, with all these accolades we should had been signing recruits like mad. Nada. We did get some single outstanding recruits here & there but nothing like 10 yrs ago. Think there were lots of negative recruiting going on with coach Teri. It's great to see us return to glory!
I didn't realize you were Nostradamus. You would have fired her after one of the greatest recruiting classes in history-really?
HBear
6:49a, 11/8/23
CAL WOMEN HIT AGAIN: #7 ANNIE JIA COMMITS TO GOLDEN BEARS FOR FALL 2025

Quote:

The Cal women have hit again on their historic class of 2025, with the 7th-ranked recruit in the country Annie Jia announcing her verbal commitment to the Golden Bears. This gives Cal commitments from the #1, #2, #3, #7, #13, and a handful of "Best of the Rest" ranked recruits.

OBear073akaSMFan
9:05a, 11/8/23
In reply to HBear
HBear said:

CAL WOMEN HIT AGAIN: #7 ANNIE JIA COMMITS TO GOLDEN BEARS FOR FALL 2025

Quote:

The Cal women have hit again on their historic class of 2025, with the 7th-ranked recruit in the country Annie Jia announcing her verbal commitment to the Golden Bears. This gives Cal commitments from the #1, #2, #3, #7, #13, and a handful of "Best of the Rest" ranked recruits.
Wow!

OBear073akaSMFan
2:38p, 11/8/23
In reply to coachdeke
coachdeke said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

philbert said:

I didn't realize you were Nostradamus. You would have fired her after one of the greatest recruiting classes in history-really?
No way I was saying to fire coach Teri. There were lots of positives during this time period of the these recruits, which included recruiting the fab4, winning the NCAAs in prior year, & even Teri becoming head & assist Olympic coach but the recruiting seem to hit a snag for those 10 after the fab 4. Yes we did get recruits & there were exceptional ie.Stadden, Ivey but IMO there were some reasons why many more higher ranked recruits were going else where. I did question this in previous threads about negative recruiting against coach Teri which I think was the reason why are recruiting stalled. I think the University should had (yes..shoulda, woulda, & coulda) investigated earlier and not let some investigative news reporter start the ball rolling 10 years later.
Schroeder71
6:02p, 11/8/23
How many are members of the talented 2025 recruit class? Is there a maximum for women's swimming?
GO BEARS!
SanseiBear
6:41p, 11/8/23
In reply to Schroeder71
Schroeder71 said:

How many are members of the talented 2025 recruit class? Is there a maximum for women's swimming?
GO BEARS!
This website says 14 for division 1. Scholarships
Polodad
6:43p, 11/8/23
No max on numbers. The constraint is always on scholly $ available.
swimmer19
11:25a, 11/30/23
On the men's side, SwimSwam #11 Ryan Erisman and HM Julien Rousseau -> Cal

Erisman is on the US National Junior Team and a mid-distance standout from Florida, Rousseau is the top CA recruit and a distance standout out of San Diego.
OBear073akaSMFan
8:49a, 12/7/23
In reply to swimmer19
swimmer19 said:

On the men's side, SwimSwam #11 Ryan Erisman and HM Julien Rousseau -> Cal

Erisman is on the US National Junior Team and a mid-distance standout from Florida, Rousseau is the top CA recruit and a distance standout out of San Diego.
Couldn't find any announcement on Ryan Erisman's commitment. Saw Julien's but is Ryan for sure?
solobear
7:23a, 12/8/23
Erisman

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz1j2Yepfpi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
OBear073akaSMFan
7:43a, 12/8/23
In reply to solobear
Thanks
OBear073akaSMFan
8:40a, 5/7/24
couple of recent 2025 recruits

Dar Lavrenko from Mountain View, Ca. Rated #11 in CA. Sprinter 50-100

https://swimswam.com/cal-commit-dar-lavrenko-spooks-cif-central-coast-100-fr-section-record-at-43-97-in-prelims/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Italian Butterflyer Matteo Palmisani who attends High school in Texas. He is rated #87 by swimcloud

https://swimswam.com/italian-butterflyer-matteo-palmisani-2025-sends-verbal-commitment-to-cal/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Here is the recap of the men swimming recruits listed on swimswam now.

Cal is putting together a strong class of 2029, with verbal commitments from Norvin Clontz (#7), Ryan Erisman (#11), Caiden Bowers (#15), Kenneth Barnicle (#20), Ian Platts-Mills (best of the rest), Julien Rousseau (honorable mention), Andrew Shackell, and Dar Lavrenko, in addition to Palmisani.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings