HoopDreams
10:08p, 5/2/24
https://instagr.am/p/C6eTAALRwA5

Woodacre
10:18p, 5/2/24
I saw that Kianna Smith was waived by the Connecticut Sun on 5/1
SFCALBear72
6:59a, 5/3/24
It's tough to make a team when rosters are only 12 players.

The WNBA needs to add a second team in addition to San Francisco sooner than later. That would add 24 more slots.
BearBint
9:03a, 5/3/24
Strongly agree about W roster size. Meanwhile, pre-season W games start tonight!
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
BearBint
9:07a, 5/3/24
Jaelyn's on the Dallas roster! (Mind you, dozens of other players are, too.) https://wings.wnba.com/roster/
"Don't get distracted, myself. Don't get distracted." Self-talk from a young relative
Woodacre
12:12p, 5/3/24
Is Kristine Anigwe on a roster this year? I know she played last year with the Sun and the Sky.
BearBint
12:24p, 5/3/24
In reply to Woodacre
Woodacre said:

Is Kristine Anigwe on a roster this year? I know she played last year with the Sun and the Sky.

Not that I've heard. (The WNBA does have a Web site: wnba.com)
bearkat
5:04p, 5/3/24
In reply to BearBint
Jaelyn is starting tonight!
BearBint
5:28p, 5/3/24
Jaelyn with 8 points and 2 ORs in under 8 minutes!

Make that 10 at half-time.
Ashfield63
5:54p, 5/3/24
In reply to BearBint
BearBint said:

Jaelyn with 8 points and 2 ORs in under 8 minutes!

So exciting!! Jaelyn is my favorite Cal player. I sat by her parents at the The Thanksgiving tournament her senior year. Her Dad said she was ranked the number 2 player on ESPN before sustaining a terrible knee injury in highschool. Whoops Jaelyn just scored again, now 10 points!! There are five open spots on the Dallas team. I know it's tough to make the 12 player roster, but I'll keep rooting for Jaelyn. She was just interviewed when they started half time. Jaelyn looks great and sounds confident!!!
GGV
BearBint
6:35p, 5/3/24
Jaelyn with 19 at the end of the third, and commentators are actually talking about her instead of Clark: Sheryl Swoopes has been happily praising "JB."

Final boxscore: https://www.wnba.com/game/1012400002/IND-vs-DAL/boxscore
bearkat
7:31p, 5/3/24
In reply to BearBint
Jaelyn tied Caitlin with most points at 21!
CalWSportsFan
8:09p, 5/3/24

Actually back to back buckets

Post game:
I.E.Bear
8:45p, 5/3/24
Jaelyn looked great! I know it was just an exhibition game, but she showed a lot. Scoring, playing defense, distributing the ball and rebounding. I don't see how she doesn't make this squad.

Satou Sabally had offseason surgery and is not scheduled to return until a couple of months into the season. Awak Kuier is sitting out this season due to personal reasons. Dallas needs scoring and she showed she can do that.
BearBint
8:56p, 5/3/24
In reply to I.E.Bear
I.E.Bear said:

Jaelyn looked great! I know it was just an exhibition game, but she showed a lot. Scoring, playing defense, distributing the ball and rebounding. I don't see how she doesn't make this squad.
Might have been the best pre-season W game I've ever watched. As the commentators kept commenting, it felt more like a play-off effort.
I.E.Bear
11:30p, 5/3/24
In reply to BearBint
Both teams were playing hard. It didn't feel like a preseason game at all. This is why the W needs to start airing these preseason games on TV.
Ashfield63
1:00p, 5/5/24
A post on Tik Tok re: Jaelyn Brown was very positive after Friday's Dallas Wings vs the Indiana Fever game. The fan thought she would make the roster, but if not, would be picked up by another team. Let's hope so!! The WNBA was always a goal for her. She played in Australia this last season. In a pre-game interview, Jaelyn was asked if she was nervous being a starter. she replied, "no", but my family in Southern Calif will be!
GGV
ClayK
3:18p, 5/5/24
Apparently Kristine Anigwe has stayed in Europe too long and thus prioritization means she can't play in the WNBA this year.

For some reason, I think she's on the Ugandan national team so she may play for them later on this summer.
brevity
5:48a, 5/6/24
I find it interesting that Cal can boast professional basketball players named Jaylen Brown and Jaelyn Brown:

1) Whose first names are pronounced the same, as far as I can tell;
2) Whose first names are anagrams;
3) Who don't appear to be related.

Fun facts: both were born in October, about 2 years apart. Jaelyn enrolled at Cal in 2016, just months after Jaylen entered the NBA Draft. And saving the best for last: in their official school bios (linked in their names above), Cal lists his hometown as Marietta, Georgia and her hometown as Murrieta, California.

Apologies if this has been covered before.
BearBint
8:58a, 5/6/24
In reply to brevity
brevity said:

I find it interesting that Cal can boast professional basketball players named Jaylen Brown and Jaelyn Brown:

Fun facts: both were born in October, about 2 years apart. Jaelyn enrolled at Cal in 2016, just months after Jaylen entered the NBA Draft. And saving the best for last: in their official school bios (linked in their names above), Cal lists his hometown as Marietta, Georgia and her hometown as Murrieta, California.

BearBloke and I referred to them as Girl Jaelyn and Boy Jaylen to avoid confusion. Now, of course, they are Wing Jaelyn and Celt Jaylen.
wbbilluminati
9:03a, 5/6/24
I remember seeing some AAU of Jaelyn in HS pre-injuries. So happy to see her approach her true potential after Sio much patience and hard work. could not be more deserving
BearPedz
3:29p, 5/11/24
I don't know if there has been an official announcement yet. But, I was looking at the rosters and Dallas is down to 12 players with Jaelyn still listed.
https://wings.wnba.com/roster/

Go Bears!
SFCALBear72
3:41p, 5/11/24
Looks like the WNBA season starts this Tuesday and Dallas has their first game on Wednesday hosting Chicago. Fingers crossed for Jaelyn.
HoopDreams
4:06p, 5/11/24
she made an optimistic post on IG

although it didn't say anything specific, not even that it's about basketball ... it's a good sign

SFCALBear72
3:19p, 5/12/24
Eliza Pierre posted on Instagram about an hour ago that three rookies including Jaelyn Brown have made the Dallas Wings final roster.

Go Bears!!
BearBint
4:57p, 5/12/24
Very happy for J.B.

However, Forbes was just waived by the Sparks. I daresay a good overseas team would be thrilled to get her.
pearbear
Staff
9:15p, 5/12/24
I'm so happy for Jaelyn!

I always thought she was under-utilized her first few years at Cal. At one point, I believe she was ranked #1 in HS class, so the potential was there. It's wonderful to see someone stick to it and achieve their dream!
HoopDreams
9:21p, 5/12/24
a good time to be entering the WNBA

Caitlin and Angel shined a spotlight on women's basketball, and they are bring that attention to the WNBA ... Disney + just picked up some WNBA games, and more players are getting signature shoes
BearBint
5:59p, 5/15/24
Jaelyn's first pro game; didn't do a lot in the first half, apart from a beautiful block:

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022400005/CHI-vs-DAL

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/256494

It costs a whole $34.99 per season for the W's League Pass, good for on-line games that aren't being shown on ESPN or wherever: https://www.wnba.com/leaguepassa

annarborbear
8:23p, 5/15/24
Hard to believe that Layshia is now in her eleventh season in the league. And she has had a positive Assist/TO ratio every year. Hope that she will eventually be on our coaching staff.
BearPedz
6:42p, 5/16/24
In reply to annarborbear
I agree 100%. It has been amazing to watch Layshia's growth in the league. Lay just got their first triple double last night as well, 11pts 10boards and 10assists. Proof once and for all that age ain't nothing but a number.

Go bears!
brevity
4:21p, 5/18/24
In reply to brevity
brevity said:

Hey, maybe this Jaylen Brown/Jaelyn Brown connection is getting bigger...

https://instagr.am/p/C7E-tHGxPXZ

When you click over to the Instagram link, the caption says, "Who wore it best?"
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings