Lindsey signs big contract
1,414 Views | 16 Replies
wvitbear
2:13p, 4/26/24
Till 2030. Some people on this board don't like her but USC does. Always a great recruiter.
stu
2:41p, 4/26/24
In reply to wvitbear
Even greater recruiter at USC.
annarborbear
3:00p, 4/26/24
Only coach I am aware of who has had 10,000 attendance games for women's basketball at two different schools.
wvitbear
3:40p, 4/26/24
I believe4 Jo Anne Boyle had 10,000 here against Stqanford. don't know how she did when she first went to Virginia.
annarborbear
4:04p, 4/26/24
In reply to wvitbear
wvitbear said:

I believe4 Jo Anne Boyle had 10,000 here against Stqanford. don't know how she did when she first went to Virginia.
You are right about that game against Stanford, with Alexis Gray-Lawson leading the team. Joanne did less well at Virginia, although her best year was her last year there, tying for sixth in the ACC and making it to the NCAA second round.

Lindsay had her 10,000 fan game here in 2019 against UConn.

I also realize that Mulkey may be another coach with 10,000 fan crowds at two different schools - Baylor and LSU. But that is unique company, which Lindsay has now joined.
WC Bear
5:32p, 4/26/24
In reply to wvitbear
wvitbear said:

Till 2030. Some people on this board don't like her but USC does. Always a great recruiter.
Disgusting.
ncbears
6:02p, 4/26/24
Gottlieb was not always a great recruiter. In her last few years, she seemed to be losing the recruiting battles. And the cupboard was diminished when Smith became HC.
Gottlieb may have convinced Watkins to stay home at USC, but couldn't get Ionescu to stay home.
wvitbear
10:59p, 4/26/24
Once she had her baby, it changed how she recruited. Was up to her assistants.
mbBear
7:58a, 4/27/24
In reply to ncbears
ncbears said:

Gottlieb was not always a great recruiter. In her last few years, she seemed to be losing the recruiting battles. And the cupboard was diminished when Smith became HC.
Gottlieb may have convinced Watkins to stay home at USC, but couldn't get Ionescu to stay home.
You are hanging that on her? Notice when she has the money, she gets Watkins, and when others have the money, they land Ionescu.
ClayK
8:19a, 4/27/24
Watkins wanted to stay home (in LA), and wanted to go to a program that hadn't had a lot of recent success. USC fit her requirements, so I'm not sure how much Lindsay had to do with it. Some, obviously.

A key indicator might be where Kiki Iriafen lands. If she returns to SoCal, she could choose UCLA or USC -- if Lindsay gets out-recruited by Cori Close, that might tell us something about their relative recruiting ability.
wvitbear
8:56a, 4/27/24
Ionescue was not driven away by Lindsey. I can't say what I think really happened but ithad to do with the dynamics of the city of Berkeley.

This board has criticized Close in the past for her being a Christian. Not lately but in the past. The school that gets Ir (SP( might be the school that has her major.
HoopDreams
9:29a, 4/27/24
In reply to ClayK
Kiki To USC
Count it

ClayK said:

Watkins wanted to stay home (in LA), and wanted to go to a program that hadn't had a lot of recent success. USC fit her requirements, so I'm not sure how much Lindsay had to do with it. Some, obviously.

A key indicator might be where Kiki Iriafen lands. If she returns to SoCal, she could choose UCLA or USC -- if Lindsay gets out-recruited by Cori Close, that might tell us something about their relative recruiting ability.
CalWSportsFan
10:09a, 4/27/24
Remember, Lindsay abandoned Cal in mid-June. The trajectory for the team was not particularly good and Lindsay jumped ship at what is a bad time for a program's calendar....Meanwhile, I DO think it's easier to recruit at U$C for women's basketball than Cal, just a fact. That said, good for her....I no longer care....UCLA and U$C are off the radar unless we meet up with them post-season.
CalWSportsFan
10:11a, 4/27/24
In reply to HoopDreams
Kiki is visiting the other USC it seems too....so perhaps she'll end up with Dawn? https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAW/comments/1ccwfph/stanford_transfer_kiki_iriafen_is_set_to_visit/
ClayK
12:10p, 4/27/24
I claim no deep knowledge, but probably more than most. Cal was never really in the hunt for Sabrina -- wouldn't have mattered who was the head coach. Well, maybe if it was Geno ...
SBGold
8:29a, 4/28/24
In reply to CalWSportsFan
CalWSportsFan said:

Kiki is visiting the other USC it seems too....so perhaps she'll end up with Dawn? https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAW/comments/1ccwfph/stanford_transfer_kiki_iriafen_is_set_to_visit/

I'd love to see Kiki with Staley. Staley is stellar
Ashfield63
11:10a, 4/29/24
Monday 11am, 25 minutes ago Raoul posted:

Talia von Oelhoffen, OSU transferred to USC, Calif.
She is a great scorer and very competitive, just what
the Trojans need.

Kiki Irafen, Stanford to USC, Calif.

Attended the Stanford/Iowa State tournament, Kiki was terrific.
She walked in front of me after the game. She is an athlete, and
guided Stanford to the O.T. win. What a great game, so glad my son
invited me.
GGV
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >