All Quiet on the Western Front
1,115 Views | 6 Replies
Finnish Oski
4:59p, 4/16/24
It''s about 5:00 Pacific time on April 16 and we're all waiting for the shoe to drop. No one has entered the transfer portal from Cal's current roster and there have been no reports of incoming players. I find this interesting. Maybe the first arrival or departure will get the ball rolling.
SFCALBear72
5:06p, 4/16/24
Ornela Muca is the only player to date to enter the portal.

It was about this time last year when we got out first transfer portal commit/signee (Krimili/April 12). Then Lane in late April and Suarez/Williams in early May.

I'm wondering if we have any "silent" commits. Hoping for some type of announcement at the banquet tomorrow night.
RedlessWardrobe
7:24a, 4/17/24
In reply to Finnish Oski
Finnish Oski said:

It''s about 5:00 Pacific time on April 16 and we're all waiting for the shoe to drop. No one has entered the transfer portal from Cal's current roster and there have been no reports of incoming players. I find this interesting. Maybe the first arrival or departure will get the ball rolling.
As usual I'm clueless. Is there a specific date when entry to the transfer portal ends?
SFCALBear72
7:40a, 4/17/24
Portal open from March 13 - May 11 for both men's and women's basketball.
RedlessWardrobe
8:42a, 4/17/24
In reply to SFCALBear72
SFCALBear72 said:

Thx SFCB72. I knew someone here would know.
Here I go again. Is May 11 the last day for the player's destination? Or does that come later?
SFCALBear72
8:54a, 4/17/24
In reply to RedlessWardrobe
RedlessWardrobe said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Thx SFCB72. I knew someone here would know.
Here I go again. Is May 11 the last day for the player's destination? Or does that come later?
Google is a wonder of science.

During this window, players can officially enter the NCAA transfer portal after the conclusion of the regular season or conference tournaments. If a player intends to transfer within the division (Division 1 WBB), they must notify their school by this deadline (May 11) to be eligible to play immediately at their new institution.
RedlessWardrobe
10:59a, 4/17/24

I admit it, I'm lazy. Thx again.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE