Signed players
6,747 Views | 42 Replies
parentswerebears
4:42p, 5/15/24
Nwankwo will explode. Becauseā€¦ not Cal.
Ccajon2
7:35a, 5/16/24
Maybe he'll be the one bust of all our sign-ess. Has Cal ever had a decent juco transfer in history?
stivo
7:49a, 5/16/24
In reply to Ccajon2
Aaron Rogers
Civil Bear
8:15a, 5/16/24
In reply to Ccajon2
Ccajon2 said:

Maybe he'll be the one bust of all our sign-ess. Has Cal ever had a decent juco transfer in history?
Football is full of them.

Ed Gray was the best basketball JC transfer. MSF was the last one that I recall. Has Cal taken any since then?
stu
8:33a, 5/16/24
In reply to Civil Bear
Way back in the Dick Edwards era we had four: John Terry, Connie White, Carl Bird, and Jay Young. Along with Rickie Hawthorne they were a highly entertaining and pretty good team.
BC Calfan
9:39a, 5/16/24
We could afford to lose Nwanko because of our wing depth. I feel like Andrej and Petraitis are clearly above him in the pecking order. However, who would win the competition for the 3rd wing between Nwanko and Omot? While I like the potential and athleticism of Nwanko, Omot is more skilled and proven as a D-1 player. I think you gotta take skill over athleticism.
ManBearLion123
10:01a, 5/16/24
In reply to BC Calfan
BC Calfan said:

We could afford to lose Nwanko because of our wing depth. I feel like Andrej and Petraitis are clearly above him in the pecking order. However, who would win the competition for the 3rd wing between Nwanko and Omot? While I like the potential and athleticism of Nwanko, Omot is more skilled and proven as a D-1 player. I think you gotta take skill over athleticism.

One could even make the argument for Ola-Joseph over either. Combination of P4 experience/skill and athleticism/upsode.
BC Calfan
12:06p, 5/16/24
In reply to ManBearLion123
ManBearLion123 said:

BC Calfan said:

One could even make the argument for Ola-Joseph over either. Combination of P4 experience/skill and athleticism/upsode.
I see Ola-Joseph as more of an interior/4. But yes, I see your point, he could still see minutes at the 3.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings