Shocky for 15 hours of reading per thread

bear2034
12:24p, 5/9/24
HoopDreams
Schroeder71
calumnus
Bearly Clad
1:16p, 5/9/24
I mean obviously MB and BG are great but they're running the site, not sure I'd consider them posters. They're the mods and the content creators. They're ma and pops
sycasey
1:22p, 5/9/24
movielover
Zippergate
The Many Faces of Yogi
okaydo
1:34p, 5/9/24
Vedder4Ever

Andy Smith is God

Holmoesexual
Anarchistbear
2:47p, 5/9/24
Top 3 are Yogi

Hellltopay …not fair, a professional parody account. To be clear the criteria is what did he did at Cal not his professional career at the Onion
UrsusTexicanus
3:12p, 5/9/24
Amythicalprogram

Drunkoski

can't remember the nick but there was a USC troll, (not Amy, see first in the list), we used to have fun with.
Cal Junkie
2:20p, 5/10/24
GldnBear71 (RIP)
Blueblood - been here since the beginning
GreyBear
SRBear

Many others - can't really name a top 3.
Big C
4:59p, 5/10/24
In reply to UrsusTexicanus
UrsusTexicanus said:

Amythicalprogram

Drunkoski

can't remember the nick but there was a USC troll, (not Amy, see first in the list), we used to have fun with.

There was Trojan Al, who was a blowhard... and then there was Trojan Warrior, who was kinda cool and used to start off his posts here with "Greetings Hippies!"... used to crack me up. I think there are BI folks who have bought cars from him in SoCal (he owned a dealership or something).

Then there was Stanford Observer, who would pretend like he was really nice, but would periodically be exposed for what he really was, often by Cal8285.

I miss the back-and-forths with posters from our rival schools. Maybe we can set up some new relationships in the ACC. A lot of the folks are genuinely cool and that's great, too.
Cal8488
5:57p, 5/10/24
UrsusTexicanus said:

Amythicalprogram

Drunkoski

Was it TrojanAl?
UrsusTexicanus
6:30p, 5/10/24
In reply to Cal8488
Cal8488 said:

UrsusTexicanus said:

Amythicalprogram

Drunkoski

Was it TrojanAl?
Thanks Big C and Cal8488, that's who I was thinking of. I also remember TrojanWarrior, and he was entertaining.
cal93
8:48p, 5/10/24
There's got to be a special category for Amy
KoreAmBear
2:16p, 5/11/24
UrsusTexicanus said:

Amythicalprogram

Drunkoski

Was that guy who had his foot amputated or something? I'm sure he was trolling us, but it was fun.

Is Bear Insider coming up on some important anniversary? We need to revive the Golden Oskis!

I particularly enjoyed who the best outside poster was (meaning, non-Cal fan of another school). I think Stanfurd Observer was usually nominated as he was very civil, as well as a couple of Oregon guys. Not sure if there are any like that today. Sign of the times. It's gotten too escalated lol.
wifeisafurd
1:50p, 5/12/24
In reply to KoreAmBear
KoreAmBear said:

UrsusTexicanus said:

Amythicalprogram

Drunkoski

Was that guy who had his foot amputated or something? I'm sure he was trolling us, but it was fun.

Is Bear Insider coming up on some important anniversary? We need to revive the Golden Oskis!

I particularly enjoyed who the best outside poster was (meaning, non-Cal fan of another school). I think Stanfurd Observer was usually nominated as he was very civil, as well as a couple of Oregon guys. Not sure if there are any like that today. Sign of the times. It's gotten too escalated lol.
There were several Tennessee folks that became respected regular posters for a while.

I think it goes without saying that Greybear, the founder, and Calfanz deserve special acknowledgment.

KoreAmBear
2:18p, 5/13/24
In reply to wifeisafurd
I will say that most posters I have got along with, even those I had disagreements with, as over the years we just see that we are on the same side ultimately.

I'll have to make an exception for yogi though and all the permutations, or whoever the hell @BearForce2 was.

I got into with his/her latest version concerning the COB's COVID policy. I read through and basically provided effectively what it meant. He kept saying I was wrong, and when he is challenged he starts getting passive-aggressive with name calling to the point where when I kept telling him that he was reading it wrong, he said something like "I am gobsmacked" by my apparent lack of reading comprehension.

First of all, that is a dooche (couldn't spell it correctly due to auto censor lol) red flag alert when someone uses that word (gobsmacked).

Second of all, he was wrong from the day I engaged with him about that issue.

Third, he didn't apologize or say mea culpa after he realized what a dumbazz he was, he just disappeared again. I think Moraga or someone else had to take down his assertions because they were just off.

He gets my dooche poster in perpetuity award. Congrats and well deserved!
Bearly Clad
3:34p, 5/13/24
Goldenbear (RIP, and hope I got the name right)
Sebastabear
Greybear

Honorable mention:
Bearly Clad, that guys pretty cool right people . . . right? Someone back me up please . . .
Anarchistbear
3:37p, 5/13/24
In reply to Bearly Clad
Bearly Clad said:

Goldenbear (RIP, and hope I got the name right)
Sebastabear
Greybear

Honorable mention:
Bearly Clad, that guys pretty cool right people . . . right? Someone back me up please . . .

…Sucks
Bearly Clad
3:39p, 5/13/24
In reply to Anarchistbear
Can't say I disagree with you. My family is all on your side too, for what it's worth
Anarchistbear
3:51p, 5/13/24
In reply to Bearly Clad
Bearly Clad said:

Can't say I disagree with you. My family is all on your side too, for what it's worth

Oh you are great! I meant the other three.
TheDuke!!!
9:28p, 5/13/24
This is a great thread. I am glad others are taking up the "Top 3 - Last 25 Years" format.

There used to be a guy (maybe still on the board?) who ended his posts with "orange slices for everyone!"

I've stolen that line and used it in many different contexts over the years.

So I think I'd put him on the list.
KoreAmBear
10:07p, 5/13/24
In reply to TheDuke!!!
TheDuke!!! said:

This is a great thread. I am glad others are taking up the "Top 3 - Last 25 Years" format.

There used to be a guy (maybe still on the board?) who ended his posts with "orange slices for everyone!"

Oh who could forget @CalMike?
oskiswifeshusband
10:26p, 5/13/24
Me
AunBear89
10:42p, 5/13/24
In reply to KoreAmBear
KoreAmBear said:

<snip>We need to revive the Golden Oskis! <snip>

Says the recipient of The Golden Oski for The Most Optimistic CyberBear. . .

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
KoreAmBear
10:00a, 5/14/24
In reply to AunBear89
AunBear89 said:

KoreAmBear said:

<snip>We need to revive the Golden Oskis! <snip>

Says the recipient of The Golden Oski for The Most Optimistic CyberBear. . .

I think I nominated myself so it was a sham.
TheDuke!!!
4:18a, 5/15/24
In reply to KoreAmBear
KoreAmBear said:

TheDuke!!! said:

Oh who could forget @CalMike?
Was that the guy who said "Orange Slices for Everyone"?
AunBear89
6:36a, 5/15/24
Anyone for "calmo"?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oskithepimp
1:59p, 5/15/24
Me, b1tches.
CAL4LIFE
3:01p, 5/16/24
My top three for consistently wading through the bull**** on this board.

1. Yogi
2. CalGreg
3. calman91

Honorable mention to 71bear (Rob Edwards) who I rarely agreed with back in the day.

A few other thoughts....

GreyBear i.e., Chris Avery should always be mentioned for getting this place started. The man had the patience of Jobe.

Calfans (Ellen) working tech from the beginning and one of the nicest humans I've ever met.

SBGold
3:34p, 5/16/24
In reply to CAL4LIFE
CAL4LIFE said:

My top three for consistently wading through the bull**** on this board.

1. Yogi
2. CalGreg
3. calman91

Honorable mention to 71bear (Rob Edwards) who I rarely agreed with back in the day.

A few other thoughts....

GreyBear i.e., Chris Avery should always be mentioned for getting this place started. The man had the patience of Jobe.

Calfans (Ellen) working tech from the beginning and one of the nicest humans I've ever met.

where is 71Bear these days?
75bear
3:39p, 5/16/24
How has nobody mentioned GaryT yet??
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >