Season Ticket Parking
943 Views | 5 Replies
sosheezy
12:15p, 4/30/24
Have never signed up for parking before but there was a $200 option with the season ticket renewals. I just have 2 regular reserved tickets in section V, I've been a STH for 20 years.

"2024 Football Season Parking A parking survey will be sent later in the year for you to record your parking preferences."

I'm not a donor so don't have priority, but from anyone with experience - is this a lottery? Am I likely to get parking, if so which lot?
WalterSobchak
2:53p, 4/30/24
It's my understanding that you have to buy at least 4 tix to get a pass but not sure. In the past they send something for you to rank a few lots in order of preference and then they just assign you to whatever lot they want. I'm sure this is different at higher donor levels. The best lots (IMO) don't even show up on the survey.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
Larno
4:46p, 4/30/24
Not a season ticket holder anymore but I had a parking pass for many years. I had just two tickets so I don't think 4 is a requirement. I believe the location is based on the brownie points you have accumulated and also longevity. I started out in the far northwest corner of campus for a few years then the next two spots were the lot on Bancroft where the pool is now and the street that goes up by the tennis courts to the gym (don't recall which came first). My final years were in the garage below the RSF. Of course, money talks so the more given the better the chance of getting a parking lot closer to the stadium. No matter where I parked, it was still better than having to hunt for a place on the street after having driven 100 miles.
Oski87
7:04a, 5/3/24
I think they are losing a lot this year so it may be harder to get a spot.
harebear
9:25a, 5/3/24
In reply to Oski87
Oski87 said:

Which lot? I know the Dwinelle lot is now a construction site and they lost it mid-season last year. Is there another one?
GivemTheAxe
10:33a, 5/6/24
In reply to harebear
harebear said:

Oski87 said:

Which lot? I know the Dwinelle lot is now a construction site and they lost it mid-season last year. Is there another one?

The Dwinelle lot was way out of reach for most Cal Fans. I had parked there for years and years with just a $200 Bear backer donation. But about 10 years ago the AD kicked up the BB donation requirement to $1,500. So I opted for one of the other lots.

I think that one other parking lot site was taken over by the new behemoth building next to the Chancellor' house

If you are looking for a qualified recommendation. The Clark Kerr Campus lots are great for tailgating and a short walk to the stadium. But you had better plan to tailgate after the game. It is difficult to get out after a well-attended game. The streets are very crowded
But the ambiance is great
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off