Aaron Rodgers claims HIV was created by the US government
3,136 Views | 74 Replies
westcoastdude
7:10a, 4/17/24
oski003
7:52a, 4/17/24
In reply to westcoastdude
westcoastdude said:

So many ignorant know it alls mocking somebody for speaking about corruption and big pharma. Sad.
Cal88
8:05a, 4/17/24
In reply to bearister
bearister said:

I had no idea about that history of Lyme Disease because I am not a science guy. You inspired me to do brief research. My guess is you probably read this already and have a take:

No, Lyme disease is not an escaped military bioweapon, despite what conspiracy theorists say - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/no-lyme-diease-is-not-an-escaped-military-bioweapon-despite-what-conspiracy-theorists-say/2019/08/09/5bbd85fa-afe4-11e9-8e77-03b30bc29f64_story.html

You're not a science guy, but you're a lawyer.

Does the fact that the Lyme disease epidemic in the US originated in the town of Lyme, CT, directly across from the Plum Island main biolab where research was conducted on human pathogens carried by deer ticks not constitute very strong circumstantial evidence?
MinotStateBeav
9:16a, 4/17/24
In reply to eddiem66
eddiem66 said:

Rogers is a moron - he keeps spouting this nonsense. "I can read ..." Wow
His name is spelled all over this site, Maybe you shouldn't be calling anyone a moron.
sycasey
9:21a, 4/17/24
In reply to MinotStateBeav
MinotStateBeav said:

eddiem66 said:

His name is spelled all over this site, Maybe you shouldn't be calling anyone a moron.
MinotStateBeav
9:27a, 4/17/24
In reply to sycasey
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

eddiem66 said:

Calling people morons, then spelling the subjects name wrong.....yeah...I do win.
bearister
9:38a, 4/17/24
In reply to Cal88
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

I had no idea about that history of Lyme Disease because I am not a science guy. You inspired me to do brief research. My guess is you probably read this already and have a take:

No, Lyme disease is not an escaped military bioweapon, despite what conspiracy theorists say - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/no-lyme-diease-is-not-an-escaped-military-bioweapon-despite-what-conspiracy-theorists-say/2019/08/09/5bbd85fa-afe4-11e9-8e77-03b30bc29f64_story.html

You're not a science guy, but you're a lawyer.

Does the fact that the Lyme disease epidemic in the US originated in the town of Lyme, CT, directly across from the Plum Island main biolab where research was conducted on human pathogens carried by deer ticks not constitute very strong circumstantial evidence?

I sped read that article. Doesn't he address your argument and mention timelines and geographic locations of out breaks in support?
Yeah, suspicious as f@uck, I agree….but there is no legal immunity like the Covid Vax so I am hard pressed not to believe that some big law firm like the ones that took on tobacco haven't already explored this and discounted it. There would be billions in both compensation for victims and contingency fees for attorneys.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
11:53a, 4/17/24
Conspiracy theories tend to be self-reinforcing, like quicksand. Also, people who believe in one, tend to believe in many.

That's why you see this constellation of conspiracy theories even from disparate fields. If you want to know whether someone believes we faked the moon landing, a good proxy would be to ask them whether they think Ivermectin is a miracle drug for COVID. Or you could ask them whether chemtrails turn their children gay, or whatever.

Another great example is that someone did a study/survey where they asked people if they believed in certain conspiracy theories. A surprising number of people said that they did believe in theories that they first heard about in the course of the survey. They want to believe in conspiracies and see them everywhere.

The nice thing is that conspiracy theorists are quick to tell you who they are, which makes them easy to discount and ignore.

All of that said, I really enjoyed the Mel Gibson movie from the 90's and have been meaning to re-watch it as an adult.
oski003
12:12p, 4/17/24
In reply to Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

Conspiracy theories tend to be self-reinforcing, like quicksand. Also, people who believe in one, tend to believe in many.

That's why you see this constellation of conspiracy theories even from disparate fields. If you want to know whether someone believes we faked the moon landing, a good proxy would be to ask them whether they think Ivermectin is a miracle drug for COVID. Or you could ask them whether chemtrails turn their children gay, or whatever.

Another great example is that someone did a study/survey where they asked people if they believed in certain conspiracy theories. A surprising number of people said that they did believe in theories that they first heard about in the course of the survey. They want to believe in conspiracies and see them everywhere.

The nice thing is that conspiracy theorists are quick to tell you who they are, which makes them easy to discount and ignore.

All of that said, I really enjoyed the Mel Gibson movie from the 90's and have been meaning to re-watch it as an adult.

1) Did Aaron Rodgers really claim HIV was created by the US government?

2) Yes, people that believe crazy conspiracies are more likely to believe "conspiracies" that are actually true because they have a distrust for the status quo. Your conclusion is illogical. It doesn't make the less crazy conspiracies untrue or crazy.
MinotStateBeav
12:15p, 4/17/24
In reply to Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

You mean like conspiracy theories such as Ukraine is winning and Trump colluded with Russia?
Oakbear
12:25p, 4/17/24
he and kennedy deserve each other, Id vote for them, why not trump/biden are as stupid in their own ways
tequila4kapp
12:33p, 4/17/24
In reply to calumnus
calumnus said:

The chances of dying if you got COVID and were unvaccinated were pretty consistent worldwide, roughly 1%. It was higher in places where emergency rooms got overwhelmed, places that ran out of medical oxygen. The key to preventing deaths was preventing the spread of COVID.

Lockdowns work by denying the virus the opportunity to transmit while the immune systems of those who have it eliminate it, or they die. In any case, it eliminates the virus in the area that had the lockdown.

However, if one city has a lockdown but the next city doesn't, then one city can eliminate it but it will just be reintroduced from the infected city. Thus lockdowns require coordination.

Europe, due to its close proximity but political fragmentation, did not have a coordinated policy and altogether had deaths comparable to that of the United States, which could have had a coordinated policy, but Trump refused, pushing it onto each state to decide, then encouraging even armed opposition to governors who pushed for kick downs and mask mandates, and restricted testing.

The countries with the most deaths were:

1. US (Trump) 1.2 million
2. Brazil (Bolsonaro) 700K
3. India (Modi) 500k
4. Russia (Putin) 400K

All lead by right-wing presidents that apposed public health measures.

Taiwan eliminated the virus with one big lockdown: 17k deaths.

Korea used mass, cheap testing with quarantine for infected people: 36k deaths (many around US bases)

Japan used widespread masking: 75K deaths (many around US bases or the 2021 Olympics) and most after opening up, but before the vaccine was available in Japan (had to go through Japanese testing).

Our next door neighbor, Canada, used coordinated lockdowns, testing and masking: 54k
The single greatest predictor of morbidity was age and underlying health, not the vaccine. It is a disease that brutalizes the obese, the elderly and those with comorbidities. N95 masks, forced quarantine and the vaccine are all tools to mitigate the risk. But the underlying truth about age and health remains. Statistics that do not account for the death escalators are incomplete and unreliable.

Re your list, don't forget China and their insanely oppressive quarantine regime and massive death count that remains obscured by CCP propaganda and manipulation.
bear2034
3:16p, 4/17/24
In reply to ColoradoBear
ColoradoBear said:

This is riveting enough that I hope the mods don't just delete it. And having a record of what people are saying is useful. Throw it to OT and lock it if it gets too wild.

OT is tame compared to the real world where they're actually trying to lock up the opposing presidential candidate.
Unit2Sucks
3:17p, 4/17/24
In reply to MinotStateBeav
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You mean like conspiracy theories such as Ukraine is winning and Trump colluded with Russia?
Do people believe Ukraine is winning? I have a lot of people on ignore, but I don't remember anyone who has claimed Ukraine is "winning." Even if Ukraine is able to remain independent, I don't know if that would count as a "win." We "won" the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but how did that actually turn out for us? Ukraine has been suffering under decades of corruption and interference from Russia, and this war has done nothing to improve Ukraine.

What many critics of Putin and Russia have said is that Russia's military has performed poorly in this war (sorry, "special military operation") and that they have failed to achieve the victory they sought. Because the Republican Party opposes aid to Ukraine, Russia is facing less and less resistance over the last few months. Supporters of Putin believed he would take Kyiv in 3 days. Then they said it would take a few weeks, then a few months. Now it's been 2 years and Ukraine is still resisting. Some people have been claiming collapse is imminent for over 2 years. Eventually they will be right, but they've been wrong so far.

But that doesn't mean Ukraine is "winning." Putin's destroyed much of the country, and according to his supporters killed something like a million Ukrainian men, most of whom were civilians when the war started. And remember, Putin pretended that his original objective was to free Ukraine from Nazis and help Russians who live there. Does anyone really believe he achieved that?

You will never find a post from me claiming that Ukraine is winning. Saying Russia is losing doesn't mean Ukraine is winning. You are an anti-war guy and you recognize that war isn't a zero sum game - it's very much the opposite of a win win and is almost always a lose-lose. I've been very clear that I think this war has been bad for both countries.

As for Trump colluding with Russia, I don't know if you are playing some semantics game over the word "collusion" but Trump was never exonerated for his connections to Putin and Russia. Trump obstructed the Mueller investigation but we still know a lot about Trump's shady dealings with Russia. We know that he's done plenty to help Putin achieve Putin's goals, and nothing to help America achieve America's goals with respect to Russia. Trump leaked Israeli intel to Putin. Trump tried to get Ukraine to announce a bogus investigation into the Bidens. Trump's campaign manager (who helped Putin elect a puppet in Ukraine - Yanukovych) gave information to Putin's intel agency. Trump's a big part of the reason that the GOP opposes aid to Ukraine, which is a huge boost to Putin. There is no conspiracy theory here and Trump and his defenders have done nothing to dispel the concerns of his numerous connections to Putin and Russia, other than by obstruction.
bear2034
3:19p, 4/17/24
In reply to falseintellect
falseintellect said:

I expect better of Cal folks, but I guess football (playing and fandom) caters to a duller sort.

Ya'll are wasting your time arguing though, these people are too deep in conspiracy theories to be reached at this point. The moon landing was fake, hawaii was burned down by lasers, deep state, pizza based pedophile rings, and on and on and on. Everything is a conspiracy and only a collection of the dumbest people on Earth can see the truth

I thought the deep state and pedophile rings are real?
sycasey
3:27p, 4/17/24
In reply to Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

As for Trump colluding with Russia, I don't know if you are playing some semantics game over the word "collusion" but Trump was never exonerated for his connections to Putin and Russia. Trump obstructed the Mueller investigation but we still know a lot about Trump's shady dealings with Russia. We know that he's done plenty to help Putin achieve Putin's goals, and nothing to help America achieve America's goals with respect to Russia. Trump leaked Israeli intel to Putin. Trump tried to get Ukraine to announce a bogus investigation into the Bidens. Trump's campaign manager (who helped Putin elect a puppet in Ukraine - Yanukovych) gave information to Putin's intel agency. Trump's a big part of the reason that the GOP opposes aid to Ukraine, which is a huge boost to Putin. There is no conspiracy theory here and Trump and his defenders have done nothing to dispel the concerns of his numerous connections to Putin and Russia, other than by obstruction.
There is plenty of evidence that the Trump CAMPAIGN attempted to collude with Russia. There wasn't evidence that Trump PERSONALLY did any of it or knew about it. Trump fans like to conflate these two different conclusions and therefore claim the whole story was false.
bear2034
4:00p, 4/17/24
In reply to sycasey
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

There is plenty of evidence that the Trump CAMPAIGN attempted to collude with Russia. There wasn't evidence that Trump PERSONALLY did any of it or knew about it. Trump fans like to conflate these two different conclusions and therefore claim the whole story was false.

Now it's Trump Campaign Collusion? Where is the evidence?

Robert Mueller did not find evidence that President Donald Trump's campaign "conspired or coordinated" with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.
GoOskie
4:13p, 4/17/24
In reply to Cal88
Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

Not sure if this is from the past or current, but it is making the rounds on Twitter today.

Does he really say that though?

I haven't researched the origins of the AIDS virus, but both covid-19 and Lyme disease were created by government labs.
That's a very authoritative statement, HH. Care to share evidence?
Eastern Oregon Bear
4:26p, 4/17/24
In reply to GoOskie
GoOskie said:

Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

Not sure if this is from the past or current, but it is making the rounds on Twitter today.

I haven't researched the origins of the AIDS virus, but both covid-19 and Lyme disease were created by government labs.
You're talking to someone that believes circumstantial evidence is definitive proof.
oski003
4:31p, 4/17/24
In reply to Eastern Oregon Bear
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

GoOskie said:

Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

You're talking to someone that believes circumstantial evidence is definitive proof.

Giving credence to strong circumstantial evidence is better than robotically espousing Biden's talking points.
Unit2Sucks
4:34p, 4/17/24
In reply to sycasey
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It would be foolish to pretend that Putin didn't work to help elect Trump. You can quibble about the success of those efforts or the amount of work Russia did, but there is no doubt that Putin wanted Trump to win the election.

It would also be foolish to pretend that Trump hasn't been far more favorable to Putin and Russia's interests than Clinton, Biden or the more general mainstream politicians from either party. Believe it or not, the GOP used to have an actual written platform and back in 2016 it actually had language supporting Ukraine, but that came out when Trump became the nominee. There are numerous examples like this - from Trump meeting with Putin without anyone from the US in the room, to Trump's quid pro quo in Ukraine.

So while I agree that it's not possible to definitively state that Trump "colluded" with Putin and Russia, it would also be both impossible to claim that Trump did not collude and foolish to pretend that we know everything there is to know about the Trump Russia thing and that it's perfectly innocent. Perhaps if Trump hadn't obstructed the investigation or if the GOP had any interest in digging in, Trump may have been able to establish that there was no funny business and it was all coincidence, etc. but based on the large volume of information currently available, that's not what it seems.
bear2034
4:41p, 4/17/24
The real pandemic in our country is fatherless children.
Eastern Oregon Bear
4:53p, 4/17/24
In reply to oski003
oski003 said:

GoOskie said:

Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

Giving credence to strong circumstantial evidence is better than robotically espousing Biden's talking points.
Disputing right wing talking points doesn't mean I'm "robotically espousing Biden's talking points". I can't recall ever quoting Biden.
Big C
5:19p, 4/17/24
In reply to bear2034
bear2034 said:

As a leftist, I believe a woman can be a man and a man can be a woman (and they all can share bathrooms and sports teams!), but a child has to have a father. I know this for a fact, having learned about the birds and the bees on a street corner in around 1970. Or are you talking about clones or something?
oski003
5:49p, 4/17/24

oski003 said:

GoOskie said:

Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

Disputing right wing talking points doesn't mean I'm "robotically espousing Biden's talking points". I can't recall ever quoting Biden.

Acknowledging that Fauci and the NIH funded Wuhan, the Moderna CEO led the company that built the level 4 Wuhan lab, and both the Moderna CEO and Fauci had significant financial gain from covid 19 isn't a Right Wing thing or "talking point.". The government works with MSM to spout their talking points. You do an excellent job having them think for you.
Palestinian Chicken
6:43p, 4/17/24
In reply to Unit2Sucks
Quote:

It would be foolish to pretend that Putin didn't work to help elect Trump. You can quibble about the success of those efforts or the amount of work Russia did, but there is no doubt that Putin wanted Trump to win the election.
I can't take anyone seriously who claims to be concerned about Russia's largely ineffective efforts to affect the outcome of American elections and isn't at least as concerned about Israel's far more effective and blatantly in your face efforts to change the outcome of American elections. Either you are concerned about foreign countries controlling your government or you're just a hypocrite.

Of course, in U2Sucks' case, we know the answer to that question. He's just a hypocrite.
bear2034
6:55p, 4/17/24
In reply to Big C
Big C said:

bear2034 said:

As a leftist, I believe a woman can be a man and a man can be a woman (and they all can share bathrooms and sports teams!), but a child has to have a father. I know this for a fact, having learned about the birds and the bees on a street corner in around 1970. Or are you talking about clones or something?

If men can give birth, does the child have to have a mother?
dajo9
7:31p, 4/17/24
In reply to bear2034
bear2034 said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Now it's Trump Campaign Collusion? Where is the evidence?

Robert Mueller did not find evidence that President Donald Trump's campaign "conspired or coordinated" with Russia to influence the 2016 presidential election.

Yes, he did
American Vermin
Big C
9:12p, 4/17/24
In reply to bear2034
bear2034 said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

If men can give birth, does the child have to have a mother?

a child has to have a mother, unless you're talking about dolly-the-sheep or something

you give birth to brilliant new ideas on Bear Insider almost every day
GoOskie
9:58a, 4/18/24

oski003 said:

GoOskie said:

Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

HA!! Checkmate, Lib!
westcoastdude
10:01a, 4/18/24
sycasey
11:03a, 4/18/24
In reply to westcoastdude
westcoastdude said:

Unfortunately this article is from MIT, an American university, so it is therefore NATO propaganda and not to be trusted.
concordtom
11:09a, 4/18/24
In reply to Cal88
Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

(Low grumbling laughter. Big smile. Laughter grows from a slow rumble, building to…looking at who posted this….BAHAHAHA!!!!
okaydo
11:34a, 4/18/24
I disagree with Rodgers on a lot of things. But he's right about O.J. Simpson being the victim of a government conspiracy after Simpson exposed that NASA was fraudulent. The deep state working in the Clinton administration conspired to kill Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman and O.J.'s life never recovered.
oski003
12:19p, 4/18/24
In reply to concordtom
concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

westcoastdude said:

(Low grumbling laughter. Big smile. Laughter grows from a slow rumble, building to…looking at who posted this….BAHAHAHA!!!!

Pot, meet kettle.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 3
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off