Elon Butler feature in Comicle
487 Views | 4 Replies
philbert
11:01a, 5/2/24
SFCALBear72
11:52a, 5/2/24
Not so Comicle when they write stories like this, right?

What is comical is not "gifting" or giving free access to this article so non-subscribers can actually read it.
WhatABonanza
3:45p, 5/2/24
In reply to SFCALBear72
SFCALBear72 said:

What is comical is not "gifting" or giving free access to this article so non-subscribers can actually read it.
Journalism isn't free. Sometimes I get angry when I see the firewall. Sometimes I see it as a reminder that, well, I should consider paying.

It's happening all over the country -- news outlets are in decline. Like most, I like to cruise around the web and get my sports news for free. But I subscribe or donate to lots of local news outlets because I want them to survive. I like democracies, imperfect as they are, and they don't function without a viable journalism community.

Sorry to jump up on the soapbox. I really just meant to make a pitch for supporting local journalism.
SFCALBear72
7:52p, 5/2/24
In reply to WhatABonanza
WhatABonanza said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Journalism isn't free. Sometimes I get angry when I see the firewall. Sometimes I see it as a reminder that, well, I should consider paying.

It's happening all over the country -- news outlets are in decline. Like most, I like to cruise around the web and get my sports news for free. But I subscribe or donate to lots of local news outlets because I want them to survive. I like democracies, imperfect as they are, and they don't function without a viable journalism community.

Sorry to jump up on the soapbox. I really just meant to make a pitch for supporting local journalism.
No need to apologize. I fully understand. I was just giving the original poster a hard time because The Chronicle does offer the opportunity to "gift" a story when you want to share it with others. Firewall goes away when that's done.

I worked in the newspaper industry (Marketing) for 25 years. I list the original Oakland Tribune and The Chronicle as former employers.
CalFanatic
8:27a, 5/3/24

Elon is an incredible young individualsmart, hardworking, and never content with her current position. A true California Golden Bear.

Check out this excellent interview.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off