First Pass at NCAA Bracketology
1,036 Views | 8 Replies
annarborbear
6:15p, 5/7/24
We are, of course, hoping to get back to the NCAA tournament after five years of missing out. But so far, ESPN doesn't see us doing it. They predict nine ACC teams making it in, but we are not included. We are also not included in the first eight teams left out after the top 68 are chosen,

I think we are going to need a final impressive portal post player to be added, along with at least one of our freshmen showing enough to make the All-ACC freshmen team.
brevity
9:35p, 5/7/24
Here's a link to Charlie Creme's bracketology predictions, ten months early. Creme lists 9 ACC teams in his conference breakdown, but there are 10 in his bracket, and they are currently seeded as follows.

1: Notre Dame
2: NC State
3: Duke, Louisville
5: Florida State, UNC
9: Virginia
10: Stanford
11: Clemson, Miami

Click over to see where they are placed, if you're into that sort of thing.
annarborbear
7:20p, 5/8/24
Virginia Tech actually led the ACC last year, but then lost a lot of talent to the portal when their coach left for Kentucky. They have not yet made up ground. Similarly, Syracuse has been very good, but graduated top players who have not yet been replaced. But both programs should be back. Clemson had been a doormat, but now has both good incoming recruits and transfers.

This is going to be about as tough as the PAC12 has been. Six ACC teams are projected to be in the Top 20 teams in the country in recent polls.
calbear80
3:55a, 5/11/24
The current coaching staff has lost around 78% of their conference game since taking over five years go. The excuse has been that PAC-12 was the toughest conference.

The previous coaching staff won a lot more conference games and took us to the NCAA tournament regularly in equally tough PAC-12 conference.

Are things going to be much different in the future? What are going to be the excuses in the new conference?

Go Bears!
Finnish Oski
7:27a, 5/11/24
There are three things certain in the world: death, taxes and calbear80 mentioning Cal's conference record under Charmin Smith. Can you imagine him at a party? "These hors d'oeuvres are good, what's not good is the current coaching staff's conference record. Did you know they've. lost ...."
stu
9:04p, 5/11/24
In reply to Finnish Oski
Finnish Oski said:

There are three things certain in the world: death, taxes and calbear80 mentioning Cal's conference record under Charmin Smith. Can you imagine him at a party? "These hors d'oeuvres are good, what's not good is the current coaching staff's conference record. Did you know they've. lost ...."
Conference wins have improved from 1 to 2 to 4 to 7 but the hors d'oeuvres haven't changed.
calbear80
1:58a, 5/13/24
In reply to Finnish Oski
Finnish Oski said:

Do winning and losing matter to you? Maybe you enjoy losing, I don't. Facts are facts. Do you think losing around 78% of the conference games is a good record? I don't. Can you find another coach in the PAC-12 or ACC who has lost 78% of the conference games and has still kept his/her job?

Go Bears!
Finnish Oski
6:59a, 5/13/24
Quote:

Do winning and losing matter to you? Maybe you enjoy losing, I don't. Facts are facts. Do you think losing around 78% of the conference games is a good record? I don't. Can you find another coach in the PAC-12 or ACC who has lost 78% of the conference games and has still kept his/her job?
Where to start? How about -- with all due respect -- the stupidity of your question about whether winning matters to a sports fan. You can do better than that (one hopes). Maybe I enjoy losing? Again, you should be able to do better than such sophomoric arguments. You say facts are facts. Brilliant. You must wow them in the philosophy department. As for the rest -- and here was point in the comment you quoted -- you say the same thing over and over and over again. We get it. We acknowledge it. What is the point of repeating ad nauseam? Try something original. Your act is tired. As for me I'm going to take advantage of the ignore user feature.
SFCALBear72
7:29a, 5/13/24
In reply to calbear80
calbear80 said:

The current coaching staff has lost around 78% of their conference game since taking over five years go. The excuse has been that PAC-12 was the toughest conference.

The previous coaching staff won a lot more conference games and took us to the NCAA tournament regularly in equally tough PAC-12 conference.

Are things going to be much different in the future? What are going to be the excuses in the new conference?

Go Bears!
Disagree. It was not as tough as now or past 2 or 3 seasons. Plus, no Covid.

Every time you post your "78% of their conference games" mantra you should CONTRIBUTE something meaningful to the Cal WBB NIL. Give them the resources to keep building a better team.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings