Best of luck to Ornela Muco! Enters portal...
781 Views | 1 Replies
wbbilluminati
6:20p, 4/11/24
https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2023-24/3/

Despite having played a modest amount of games, including just 7 this past season (which is less than some redshirts end up playing) it looks like she just has the 1 covid year of eligibility.

I'm curious if she'll look at non-D1 places. D3 has lots of prestigious academic schools but don't offer scholarships, while D2 does offer partial scholarships, but frankly I honestly hear about D3 wbb more than D2.

Her major was Molecular and Cell Biology so I imagine there are lots of different grad school possibilities that might interest and benefit her.

Also curious if she was, say, she's interested in med school but had some re-reqs to finish and wanted to just take other related courses that might benefit her in prep for med school, but were still at the undergraduate level, if that's allowed to do

good luck Ornela!

Will Alma Elsnitz also enter the portal? she has 2 yrs left eligibility and by all accounts our top student. But w/ injuries, perhaps she will hang up her basketball shoes, though could potentially stay 2 more years with calwbb who knows!
HoopDreams
9:42p, 4/11/24
In reply to wbbilluminati
wbbilluminati said:

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2023-24/3/

Despite having played a modest amount of games, including just 7 this past season (which is less than some redshirts end up playing) it looks like she just has the 1 covid year of eligibility.

I'm curious if she'll look at non-D1 places. D3 has lots of prestigious academic schools but don't offer scholarships, while D2 does offer partial scholarships, but frankly I honestly hear about D3 wbb more than D2.

Her major was Molecular and Cell Biology so I imagine there are lots of different grad school possibilities that might interest and benefit her.

Also curious if she was, say, she's interested in med school but had some re-reqs to finish and wanted to just take other related courses that might benefit her in prep for med school, but were still at the undergraduate level, if that's allowed to do

good luck Ornela!

Will Alma Elsnitz also enter the portal? she has 2 yrs left eligibility and by all accounts our top student. But w/ injuries, perhaps she will hang up her basketball shoes, though could potentially stay 2 more years with calwbb who knows!
I remember her freshmen year when we had Leilani, Ornela and two walk ons

She was over matched on defense which I think has been the main issue with her getting limited minutes, but she is a very good shooter. In the senior game she was 1-1 from three. In a Greece league she was a top scorer.

I also wondered why she got so few minutes in games, even after the result was decided. For example she didn't play in the second tournament game after it was clear we were not going to win.

I especially thought she could play in the OOC season where her size was less of an issue.

She always seemed like a good teammate. Good luck to you

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off