Bronny is invited!
parentswerebears
8:49p, 5/3/24
In reply to 75bear
75bear said:

philbert said:

Gets invited to the combine

Bronny is invited!

I've never seen him play. Is he good enough to be in the NBA or is he LeBron's kid and gets a try because it makes for a cool storyline AND/OR the NBA is giving him a shot out of respect for his dad? Does he need more time before he's good enough? I really don't know anything, just curious.
01Bear
9:22p, 5/3/24
In reply to parentswerebears
parentswerebears said:

75bear said:

philbert said:

Bronny is invited!

I've never seen him play. Is he good enough to be in the NBA or is he LeBron's kid and gets a try because it makes for a cool storyline AND/OR the NBA is giving him a shot out of respect for his dad? Does he need more time before he's good enough? I really don't know anything, just curious.

Option B for sure.

Bronny is nowhere near ready for the NBA. Just from a physical standpoint, he's still recovering from (open heart?) surgery from last year. On top of which, he wasn't a polished player who could create/dominate at the college level even before his medical scare. His athleticism isn't the best neither are his skills or basketball IQ. I'm not saying he can't develop into a NBA player, but he needs some seasoning (either in college or the G-League) before then. Even then, his ceiling is likely that of a NBA journeyman. He could do well playing internationally, but he's unlikely to be as good as former Cal great Jerome Randle.

If Bronny wants to carve his own path/make his own name, he might opt to play professionally for a bit, then become a sports agent. That won't be a bad way for him to stay connected to the game while also being his own man.
calumnus
12:31a, 5/4/24
In reply to 01Bear
01Bear said:

parentswerebears said:

75bear said:

philbert said:

Bronny is invited!

Option B for sure.

Bronny is nowhere near ready for the NBA. Just from a physical standpoint, he's still recovering from (open heart?) surgery from last year. On top of which, he wasn't a polished player who could create/dominate at the college level even before his medical scare. His athleticism isn't the best neither are his skills or basketball IQ. I'm not saying he can't develop into a NBA player, but he needs some seasoning (either in college or the G-League) before then. Even then, his ceiling is likely that of a NBA journeyman. He could do well playing internationally, but he's unlikely to be as good as former Cal great Jerome Randle.

If Bronny wants to carve his own path/make his own name, he might opt to play professionally for a bit, then become a sports agent. That won't be a bad way for him to stay connected to the game while also being his own man.

Or he could be GM of a sports franchise his dad buys.
01Bear
1:18a, 5/4/24
In reply to calumnus
calumnus said:

01Bear said:

parentswerebears said:

75bear said:

philbert said:

Bronny is invited!

Option B for sure.

Or he could be GM of a sports franchise his dad buys.

Also true.
HoopDreams
12:47a, 5/6/24

HoopDreams
10:06p, 5/6/24
Ok, here is the best Tyson highlight video.

Best offensive player we've had at Cal... ever ... ok, it might have been Shareef.

I'm not talking about most talented offensive player (J Brown) or most talented overall player (J Kidd) and not sure about players such as K. Johnson or earlier.

He's a 3 level scorer and has a ton of shake and advanced moves. He has elite change of speed and change of direction for a college player. Players are so concerned with his driving that they sometimes are asleep when he pulls up for 3. He uses advanced deception moves, such as lulling a defender with a slow dribble or fake handoff, only to catch them asleep and blow by him. Jaylon changes his speed and direction so often, including moving backwards which is another deception move because he can pull up for a jumper, catch the defender off guard as they let up, and then explode past him or pass.

He's a little right-hand dominant and can add a killer cross-over left, but he can finish with his left hand and also has a floater. He can also improve his three-point shooting, but it's solid now with good form, so he just needs to put up more reps.

Add to his offense is his passing ability. Many of the assists in this video are advanced, and he's got a good pick and roll game which is popular in the NBA.

Defensively, he has the size and basketball IQ to be a good defender. He's shown it at Cal when he's locked in.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings