Signed players
6,742 Views | 42 Replies
sluggo
2:21p, 5/1/24
All the committed players are in.
sluggo
2:25p, 5/1/24
Note calbears.com is updating the roster as LOIs are signed, but not Wilkinson, I guess because he has yet to enter the school: https://calbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
sluggo
2:27p, 5/1/24
In reply to sluggo
WalterSobchak
2:36p, 5/1/24
In reply to sluggo
Thanks. I put these guys in bold on the tracker and will continue for the others when I notice them.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
Johnfox
4:28p, 5/1/24
I'm watching to see if Nwankwo signs. With Omot and Ola-Joseph signed, there's going to be a lot of competition for the wings. I'm confident that we'll see all the others sign soon.

Here are the guys that have not signed
- Christian Tucker
- Mady Sissoko
- Rytis Petraitis
- Andrej Stojakovic
- Jeff Nwankwo
JimSox
5:14p, 5/1/24
In reply to Johnfox
Johnfox said:

I'm watching to see if Nwankwo signs. With Omot and Ola-Joseph signed, there's going to be a lot of competition for the wings. I'm confident that we'll see all the others sign soon.

- Christian Tucker
- Mady Sissoko
- Rytis Petraitis
- Andrej Stojakovic
- Jeff Nwankwo

Hmm. Four supposed starters not yet signed? Or is it five?
sluggo
5:16p, 5/1/24
In reply to Johnfox
Johnfox said:

- Christian Tucker
- Mady Sissoko
- Rytis Petraitis
- Andrej Stojakovic
- Jeff Nwankwo
I figured one of Omot, Ola-Joseph and Nwankwo would not sign. So I am wondering about Nwankwo as well. Petraitis is in.
parentswerebears
6:27p, 5/1/24
Cal scholarship math: the one who is not signed is the one who will blow up elsewhere.
WalterSobchak
11:36a, 5/2/24
Just noticed calbears lists Dort as a F too. I guess Madsen doesn't believe in centers.
Scratch that I guess, Sissoko is listed as a C.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
01Bear
12:07p, 5/2/24
In reply to JimSox
JimSox said:

Johnfox said:

- Christian Tucker
- Mady Sissoko
- Rytis Petraitis
- Andrej Stojakovic
- Jeff Nwankwo

Hmm. Four supposed starters not yet signed? Or is it five?

Per Calbears, Rytis Petraitis is signed as of yesterday and Andrej Stojakovic signed as of today. Go Bears!
sluggo
12:35p, 5/2/24
Sissoko is in. Just Nwankwo and Tucker and hopefully a new commit.
calbearinamaze
12:45p, 5/2/24
In reply to sluggo
sluggo said:

Sissoko is in. Just Nwankwo and Tucker and hopefully a new commit.
Thanks.

I really hope that Tucker doesn't bail...IF new commit is a PG. I like him. But I also trust Madsen.

GO BEARS!!!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
3Cats4CAL
10:58p, 5/2/24
Only Campbell and the 2 who haven't signed yet have zero stars.
sluggo
9:28a, 5/3/24
Everyone is in! A little surprised but happy about it. I hope a good 13th is found.
parentswerebears
9:56a, 5/3/24
Nwankwo signed?
01Bear
11:00a, 5/3/24
In reply to parentswerebears
parentswerebears said:

Nwankwo signed?

Per Calbears, he signed today. Go Bears!
Johnfox
11:14a, 5/3/24
In reply to sluggo
Tucker has yet to sign. However, he's been very vocal about how much he loves Cal!
sluggo
11:26a, 5/3/24
In reply to Johnfox
Johnfox said:

Tucker has yet to sign. However, he's been very vocal about how much he loves Cal!
He is listed at calbears.com so I think he has. But I am not an insider so maybe you know more.
parentswerebears
11:30a, 5/3/24
Haven't been on the insider boards since Cuonzo.
RedlessWardrobe
11:40a, 5/3/24
In reply to 01Bear
01Bear said:

parentswerebears said:

Nwankwo signed?

Tonight I finally get a full night's sleep!
Civil Bear
11:55a, 5/3/24
So last year Meadows bailed pretty late, IIRC. Was that only doable because he was a grad transfer?
Bearly Clad
6:06p, 5/3/24
In reply to sluggo
sluggo said:

Johnfox said:

He is listed at calbears.com so I think he has. But I am not an insider so maybe you know more.
bearister
1:57p, 5/9/24
We just did some advanced signing of this guy:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
KoreAmBear
12:30p, 5/10/24
In reply to sluggo
Wow seems like the least dysfunctional basketball coaching staff since Monty. Cuonzo had a nice couple of years, but it got dysfunctional quick.
barsad
1:10p, 5/10/24
In reply to bearister
Give him scholly No. 13! Can he play backup center?
bluehenbear
4:32p, 5/10/24
Hope he makes it out of high school without needing knee replacements...Already wearing a brace
Bobodeluxe
4:13p, 5/12/24
In reply to RedlessWardrobe
RedlessWardrobe said:

01Bear said:

parentswerebears said:

Nwankwo signed?

Tonight I finally get a full night's sleep!
un
Pittstop
5:13p, 5/12/24
So Jeff Nwanko reopens his recruitment?
brevity
6:24p, 5/12/24
In reply to Pittstop
Pittstop said:

Looks like it.

Write for California has an article up already, providing in part:

Quote:

We don't want to speculate on reasoning for why Nwankwo is leaving, but there are still plenty of major programs with openings on their roster, and plenty of NIL funds out there to spend. So always remind yourself that nothing is ever permanent in this new age of college athletics. Even if Nwankwo officially announced he was coming, until he steps foot on campus as a student he is still able to test his opportunities on the market.

calumnus
6:30p, 5/12/24
In reply to brevity
brevity said:

Pittstop said:

Looks like it.

Quote:

We don't want to speculate on reasoning for why Nwankwo is leaving, but there are still plenty of major programs with openings on their roster, and plenty of NIL funds out there to spend. So always remind yourself that nothing is ever permanent in this new age of college athletics. Even if Nwankwo officially announced he was coming, until he steps foot on campus as a student he is still able to test his opportunities on the market.

True. Hopefully he still comes to Cal.
bearsandgiants
7:47p, 5/12/24
So "all 9 have signed" means nothing?
Big C
9:27p, 5/12/24

Wasn't he the first wing to commit? Then we got three more. Not surprising. Easy come, easy go.
barsad
2:04a, 5/13/24
In reply to Big C
Nah, he doesn't get off that easily. "My word is my bond" still means something, at least that's still how I take the measure of a person (and a player). It exposes a lack of character and integrity to say you're part of a team one week, then run to a fatter paycheck the next week. Now let's get our backup PG and center!
calumnus
4:04a, 5/13/24
In reply to barsad
barsad said:

Nah, he doesn't get off that easily. "My word is my bond" still means something, at least that's still how I take the measure of a person (and a player). It exposes a lack of character and integrity to say you're part of a team one week, then run to a fatter paycheck the next week. Now let's get our backup PG and center!

You are making a lot of assumptions. There can be a lot of reasons for him to open up his recruitment. Maybe he has not heard back from Cal admissions yet? (out of state JC transfers can be difficult, maybe Cal doesn't recognize all the credits?) and rather than get caught without options he is lining up a plan B but will come to Cal if his units transfer (and he is eligible to play right away). I suggest we let it play out before we trash his character.
brevity
2:58p, 5/15/24
In reply to calumnus
calumnus said:

brevity said:

Quote:

True. Hopefully he still comes to Cal.

Well, I doubt that now. Jeff Nwankwo, who attended high school in OKC, is going back to his home state.

247 Sports has an article that says "Nwankwo's decision comes just three days after he backed off his pledge to play at Cal and on the heels of a visit to Oklahoma's campus this week."
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 2
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings