FB and BB on Fire!!
1,581 Views | 4 Replies
89Bear
12:43p, 4/27/24
Great day to be a Bear!! The FB and BB teams are having a great off-season!!!
Can't wait for their new seasons!!
Big C
1:03p, 4/27/24
In reply to 89Bear

I have contributed to the NIL collective a few times, but I'd like to once again thank the individuals who have contributed way, way more than I have, for making our new-and-improved rosters possible!

Calegends.com (your donations are being matched by a generous fan, through April)
bearsandgiants
1:42p, 4/27/24
It's an investment. A good year for both and money will come flooding in. It's understandable that people would want to see results from Wilcox first, before donating big, but the wallets should be emptying for Madsen, at least, and the momentum train will just pick up speed.
Sebastabear
12:39a, 4/29/24
I'm coming around to the view that we should just skip the actual season and play off-season all year long. It's more fun and we seem to be better at it.
concordtom
7:00a, 4/29/24
It appears to me that in this new era, college sports is 90% about money available to offer to players.
This is a professional sports industry now - it is really not very much about classes, degrees, and the collegiate experience. We are talking BIG BUCKS when news reports were saying many potential draftees stayed back in college for the NIL over the NFL salary!

And, in this new era, alumni pay for the players, not administrations, who have managed to create a system where they keep all the ticket and tv receipts!

Therefore, I'd like to see rankings of colleges by:

Number of alumni
Average income of alumni
Average net worth of alumni
Total net worth of all alumni
Donation Engagement % of alumni
Athletic Passion Engagement Level of alumni
Finally, a category or two measuring non-alumni fan base who contribute excitement noise and bodies but no salary money. I suppose this would also encompass social media clicks, which lead to player name recognition (which leads to advertisement possibilities (more money).

That may be the battlefield factors in this new era of recruiting. Throw the academic ranking out the window, Cal. It's all about the money.

Agree? Disagree?
Comments, please.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode